The Francesco Casanova mentioned in the first epigraph, born in 1651 had the honorary title of "Alfiere" (ensign) that is, standard bearer ot the militia or what would have been a "aquilifer" in roman times. If we want to make a more modern day comparison he would be described as his namesake who carries a standard for a Contrada during the famous "Palio di Siena".
La Casina (a piece of naked land with three olive trees and a house) was sold on 16th October 1813 to Clemente Moratti who died three years later and from inventory put togheter on this occasion it transpires that "La Casina" had an older name "Prato di Menalucia" and that in only three years had undergone the following metamorphosis "arable land, completely sown and planted with vines and olive trees with 26 rows of "maglioli" and 25 rows of olive trees for a total of 50 (this is where the area's name "Piantoni" meaning large plantation derives from) with a "pigionali" house consisting of 10 rooms, pidgeon loft, oven chicken run and at the entrance of the aforementioned holding there are two large walls which form the drive which leads to the house from the main road.
Today "La Casina" residence is made up of 13 flats completely refurbished and furnished in typical tuscan country style. The furniture is "massello", (an esteemed, solid style of italian furniture) the floors are paved with terracotta tiles and the ceilings have characteristic chesnut-wood beams.
The peacefulness of the tuscan countryside and the magnificent panorama will make it an unforgettable holiday. The Residence has a swimming pool and you will also find well equipped abundant green areas. The medieval village of Castagneto Carducci can be reached on foot.